Allen Neighborhood Center is a place-based organization that serves as a hub for neighborhood revitalization and for activities that promote the health and well-being of Lansing’s Eastside community and other stakeholders.
Our signature projects include:
- The award-winning Allen Farmers Market
- Urban growing initiatives centered around the Hunter Park GardenHouse
- Energy efficiency retrofitting through Restoration Works
- Newly opened Allen Market Place
Follow the link below to read our 2015 Annual Report!
Building Community on the Eastside
The following short video was directed by Shaemus Kermiet, as part of the Cool Cities Grant and features interviews with ANC staff and board members as well as the GardenHouse and Allen Street Farmers Market.
The following short video (9:37) was produced by Guiseppe Getto, an MSU graduate student, and features interviews with ANC staff and board members.
ANC Programs at a glance:
- Connection to local resources in support of mortgage assistance, first-time home ownership, local realtors, and home repair resources and services.
- Health Coverage: Information and enrollment assistance for Ingham Health Plan and Medicaid.
- Allen Farmers Market: A year-round Wednesday market connecting residents with fresh local produce.
- Hunter Park GardenHouse: The GardenHouse is a year-round urban farm & garden and education facility, located in the Eastside’s Hunter Park.
- BreadBasket Food Pantry: Every Tuesday, free bread, pastries, and produce is available to Eastside residents from 1:00 to 5:00 PM.
- Youth Programs: Year-round after-school and summer Take Root Garden Club and Youth Service Corps programs for youth in the area interested in nutrition and gardening at the Hunter Park GardenHouse.
- Eastside Neighbor: A quarterly newsletter covering ANC events and neighborhood happenings, distributed free to homes in our service area, businesses along Michigan Avenue, and our mailing list.
- Senior Discovery Group: The Senior Discovery Group of Allen Neighborhood Center has been meeting for the last fifteen years for “pretty good coffee and great conversation.” The group meets every Wednesday from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Allen Market Place, located just behind the Allen Neighborhood Center at 1611 E. Kalamazoo St on Lansing’s Eastside. This is a lively group of seniors, who look forward to coffee, treats, and a presentation by a different speaker each week. Topics addressed by guest speakers range from music, culture, weather, life stories, neighborhood building, health, gardening, and more!
Copies of ANC’s federal tax returns are available below.