Please join us Friday, September 8th at Allen Neighborhood Center to celebrate our 6th Annual Big Fuss About Food. We are excited to announce that Sparrow Health System is this year’s Headlining Sponsor, and that Sparrow’s Executive Chef Laura Fellows will plan and prepare this year’s Farm to Table Dinner. Cocktail hour starts at 5pm with dinner at 6 pm.
Our mouth-watering menu will feature food from local farms and artisanal food purveyors, most from our own Exchange Food Hub, Allen Farmers Market and Incubator Kitchens. Chef Laura will use these ingredients to create magic on a plate. Enjoy live music and the best from local wine makers and brew masters. A short program during dinner will honor our community of farmers, food producers, neighbors, and donors.
There are several ways that you can participate in our Annual Big Fuss celebration:
- Purchase a $100 ticket, which includes dinner and two beverage tickets.
Your $100 will cover the cost of:
- Hosting 3 gardening workshops in our Hunter Park GardenHouse, offered to over 50 low-to-moderate income neighbors.
- A replacement tent for our SNAP-friendly, year-round Allen Farmers Market, which links 30 local farms and food producers to 16,500 patrons each year.
- Purchase a table for eight for $1,000 and treat your friends, family, business associates, or clients to a delicious and memorable celebration that includes dinner and two beverage tickets per person. In addition, table sponsors will receive a special gift, suitable for display.
Your $1000 will:
- enable ANC to purchase 4 months of supplies for our incubator kitchens, which support 22 entry level food entrepreneurs, culinary skills training for dozens of youth, and monthly nutrition education classes for neighbors.
- You can also purchase a sponsor ad in our colorful program booklet, whether or not you are able to attend. See enclosed for details.
You can make a positive difference in our City. In 2016, ANC served 25,000 people; help us make that 30,000 next year!
Your willingness to team up with us to promote neighborhood revitalization, increase food access and security, ignite entrepreneurial enterprises, and implement health-related initiatives that enrich peoples’ lives is very much appreciated. We promise that, with your support, we will continue to catalyze neighborhood-driven transformative change in Lansing.
Please RSVP by August 31st by printing and returning the attached response card. We look forward to seeing you at our annual celebration on September 8th.