CSA | Workshops | Urban Gardener Certification | Garden-In-A-Box | Recipes
Take Root | Youth Service Corps | Visiting Gardener | Plant Sale & GardenHouse’s 5th Birthday Party | Permaculture Design Course
Welcome to the GardenHouse!
Located in Hunter Park (1400 East Kalamazoo Street, Lansing, MI) map
September – May Hours:
June – August Hours:
The Hunter Park GardenHouse serves as a hub for year-round garden education and community gathering space. The greenhouse is located in Hunter Park on Lansing’s Eastside. Our mission is to serve as an urban agriculture resource center, where neighbors meet to grow food, flowers, and community; and where youth develop life and job skills in service to the neighborhood and their families. As an education and demonstration site, we support and encourage all gardening on Lansing’s Eastside. There are lots of great opportunities for you at the GardenHouse, including:
- Year-round gardening in 30 raised beds, including 2 “really” raised beds for older neighbors and those in wheelchairs, plus several outdoor gardens.
- A 20 member CSA during the summer and winter.
- Monthly gardening and nutrition workshops for all ages.
- An Urban Gardening Certification Program for beginner-intermediate gardeners.
- Take Root and Youth Service Corps programs for kids.
- A Visiting Gardener who makes “yard calls” to your garden.
- Fresh, local produce for sale to local grocers and restaurants (please contact us if interested).
- Tours for school groups, senior centers, and business groups.
- Volunteer opportunities – fill out an ANC volunteer form here!
The Hunter Park GardenHouse is operated by Allen Neighborhood Center and powered by Eastside neighbors and volunteers. Launched in May 2008, the GardenHouse measures 30′ X 96′ and was part of a 9-point plan to improve Hunter Park, along with the walking path and the Hunter Park Pool you can find in the park today. The entire Hunter Park project, carried out jointly by ANC and the City of Lansing Parks and Recreation, won one of thirteen Cool Cities awards given out across Michigan.
For more information about the Hunter Park GardenHouse, contact Rita O’Brien, Hunter Park GardenHouse Program Director, 517-999-3910, or firstname.lastname@example.org