This Week at the Allen Street Farmers Market!

Comments Off

This Week at Allen Street Farmers Market!

Comments Off

Allen Market Place presents: From East Africa to the Eastside

Beginning on Wednesday February 4th and continuing throughout February and March, the Allen Market Place presents the art exhibition: From East Africa to the Eastside. This exhibition features paintings with themes around markets, food production and preparation, and urban life on the shores of Lake Victoria. The six Kenyan artists (aged 18-35) are all current or former students of Mwangaza Art School, a three-year, non-formal art college in the informal settlement area of Nyalenda in Kisumu, Kenya. For more information about Mwangaza and the artists, please see the following website: http://mwangazart.weebly.com.

 

20% of the sales from the exhibition will go toward continuing to build Kipaji Art Center, which aims to nurture the talents of the children of Nyalenda. The other 80% will go directly to the artists. The paintings will be on display (and on sale) during market hours in the classroom space on Wednesdays (from 3-6.30pm) at the Allen Street Farmers Market.

 

Comments Off

This Week at Allen Street Farmers Market!

Comments Off

This Week at the Allen Street Farmers Market!

Comments Off

This Week at the Allen Street Farmers Market!

Comments Off

This Week at the Allen Street Farmers Market!

Comments Off