We are seeking a full-time Exchange Manager who will:
- Provide aggregation and distribution services to increase sales of regionally grown food and food products to commercial and institutional buyers, e.g., restaurants, hospitals, schools, caterers, grocers, buying clubs, etc.
- Manage the online website (www.allenmarketplace.org), an online marketplace associated with the Exchange.
- Coordinate Veggie Box program (multi-grower CSA) logistics, marketing, sales, etc.
- Manage dry & cold food storage operations.
- Develop newsletters & other marketing materials for buyers and producers.
- Develop, coordinate & promote a robust schedule of educational workshops & events (ex. business planning, food safety, marketing & branding, etc.) taught by educators from partnering organizations.
- Support the development of the local value-added industry by linking growers and food entrepreneurs with the AMP Kitchen to create value-added products, with the option of distribution through the Exchange.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and interns involved in the Exchange.
- Link growers & food producers to proper licenses and food safety procedures.
- Evaluate and write reports showcasing program effectiveness.
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail as they manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Experience in managing and creating relationships with multiple partners, patrons, and neighbors.
- Entrepreneurial energy, high level of initiative, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, and teamwork.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to develop, implement, nurture and evaluate programs.
- Skills in web management and other computer & online programs.
- Passion for strengthening the local food system and for the ANC mission.
- Commitment to Lansing’s Eastside, its residents, stakeholders as well as strategic partners throughout the mid-Michigan region.
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study, or professional experience in relevant area.
- Flexible availability required (some nights and weekends).
- Experience in food programs and Michigan produce seasonality.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Management experience in business or non-profit organization preferred.
Compensation Full-time position (40 hours/week) to begin end of August 2015. Salary commensurate with experience; benefits available.
Cover Letter & Resume due Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Rita O’Brien, Allen Market Place Associate Director
Allen Neighborhood Center, 1619 E. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48912