Allen Neighborhood Center is seeking an Exchange (Food Hub) Manager for Allen Market Place. Our full time Exchange Manager will:
- have primary responsible for providing aggregation and distribution services to increase sales of regionally grown food and food products to commercial and institutional buyers, e.g., restaurants, hospitals, schools, caterers, grocers, buying clubs, etc.
- support the development of the local value-added industry by linking growers and food entrepreneurs with the AMP licensed Kitchen to create value-added products, with the option of distribution through the Exchange;
- develop and promote a comprehensive schedule of training workshops, marketing services and coaching opportunities (e.g. business planning, financial management, food safety compliance, marketing & branding, etc.) taught by educators and mentors from partnering organizations throughout the region.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with regional growers and food producers and with local food procurers to increase use of the Exchange.
- Manage the online website (www.allenmarketplace.org) and software associated with the Exchange.
- Coordinating use of the AMP incubator kitchen by growers & food producers to create value added food products; provide guidance for licensing and link to training opportunities.
- Develop additional uses of the AMP kitchen (e.g., culinary job skill development)
- Facilitate activities of the instructional team; create & promote a robust workshop schedule of offerings for growers & food producers.
- Recruit, train, and direct volunteers and interns involved in the Exchange.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills in managing our online website (www.allenmarketplace.org) and software associated with the Exchange.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail as they manage multiple tasks/projects at a time.
- Experience in managing and creating relationships with multiple partners, patrons, and neighbors.
- Entrepreneurial energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, and teamwork.
- High level of initiative.
- Ability to develop, implement, nurture and evaluate programs.
- Passion for strengthening the local food system and for the ANC mission.
- Commitment to Lansing’s Eastside, its residents, stakeholders as well as strategic partners throughout the mid-Michigan region.
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study.
- Management experience in business or non-profit organization preferred.
- Flexible availability required (some nights and weekends).
- Experience in food programs.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Full-time position (40 hours/week) to begin early November 2014.
- Salary commensurate with experience; benefits available.
Cover Letter & Resume due Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Submit to: Joan Nelson, Director Allen Neighborhood Center 1619 E. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48912 517-999-3912; email@example.com