We care a whole lot about health in the ANC. We are dedicated to creating a neighborhood that is rich in parks, green spaces, gardens, and opportunity for safety and protection. At the ANC, we offer help and information for signing up for the Ingham Health Plan, Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance plans.
But we also like having fun! Through exercise programs like Market Walk (offered during warmer months in Hunter Park) and Market Moves (in the Happendance Exchange, right next to ANC, during the winter months), neighbors earn tokens to the Allen Farmers Market. In other words, we ‘pay’ you to exercise with your neighbors!
For those of our neighbors who prefer working on their own, or simply don’t have time to come in and talk to us, here’s a list of Health Resources:
ANC Health Programs
- Find Insurance Options at healthcare.gov
- Ingham Health Plan
- Michigan’s Medicaid Programs
- General Medicaid Information
- List of ANC’s Most Used Healthcare Centers
LGBT Health Resources
- MSU LBGT Resource Center’s Health Page
- University of Michigan’s Resource Guide to Caring for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Patients(also includes provider guide for Southeast Michigan)
- The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association