We care a whole lot about health in the ANC. We are dedicated to creating a neighborhood that is rich in parks, green spaces, gardens, and opportunity for safety and protection. At the ANC, we offer help and information for signing up for the Ingham Health Plan, Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance plans.
But we also like having fun! Through exercise programs like Market Walk and Market Moves, we offer fun, active classes with our neighbors Happendance and outdoors to get us all together and having fun! Our programs often offer Farmers Market Tokens worth $5 valid at the Allen Farmers Market to get us eating healthy and moving.
Market Moves is a program designed to improve the physical activity, health, and fresh produce consumption of our neighbors through a structured fitness program.
Market Move sessions are: Pilates on Mondays and Thursdays from 5:45-6:45 and Yoga on Saturday mornings from 8:45-9:45 at Happendance Exchange (1607 E. Kalamazoo Street).
For every hour-long class that participants complete,they will receive a coupon to be redeemed at the weekly Allen Farmer’s Market for a $5 token to be used for purchase of produce from farmers or vendors!
For those of our neighbors who prefer working on their own, or simply don’t have time to come in and talk to us, here’s a list of Health Resources:
ANC Health Programs
- Find Insurance Options at healthcare.gov
- Ingham Health Plan
- Michigan’s Medicaid Programs
- General Medicaid Information
- List of ANC’s Most Used Healthcare Centers
LGBT Health Resources
- MSU LBGT Resource Center’s Health Page
- University of Michigan’s Resource Guide to Caring for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Patients(also includes provider guide for Southeast Michigan)
- The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association