There is a growing demand in the industry for restaurants and food service organizations to purchase food from local farmers and independent food producers. The National Restaurant Association identifies local, sustainable, and farm-branded products as 6 of the top 10 trends in restaurants for 2015!
Buyers want to know and trust who they buy from, but access to a wide range of farmers and producers is often limited and inefficient.
The Exchange makes it easy for chefs, restaurants, businesses and institutions to buy food directly from local farmers. We provide streamlined purchasing, inventory management, supply chain transparency and marketing tools that create new distribution channels for independent food producers and support local economies.
The Exchange Value for Buyers:
- Direct connection to local food producers.
- Food that is safe and meets environmental and ethical standards.
- Easy and convenient ordering.
- Delicious, fresh, healthy food – makes your cooking even better!
- Coordinated weekly deliveries or pick-ups.
- 2 out of 3 people surveyed by the National Restaurant Association are more likely to patronize a restaurant that sources local.
- One invoice. One payment.
- Fair prices.
- Transparent food chain: know exactly where your food comes from and how it is grown.
Exchange Ordering Schedule for Buyers:
- Order Monday by 8pm for Thursday pick-up/delivery between 9am-12pm.
- Order Friday by 8pm for Tuesday pick-up/delivery between 9am-12pm.
Placing orders is quick, easy, and confirmed by email.
It is easy to get started by registering online!
For more information about the exchange contact John McCarthy, Exchange Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517.999.3923