Allen Neighborhood Center is a place-based organization that serves as a hub for neighborhood revitalization and for activities that promote the health and well-being of Lansing’s Eastside community and other stakeholders.
Our signature projects include:
- The award-winning Allen Farmers Market
- Urban growing initiatives centered around the Hunter Park GardenHouse
- Community building Outreach and Engagement
- Allen Market Place rentals, events, and incubator kitchen options
- Entrepreneurship support through Exchange and Veggie Box
ANC Programs at a glance:
Outreach & Engagement
- Housing: Our team will connect you to local resources in support of mortgage assistance, first-time home ownership, local realtors, and home repair resources and services.
- Health Coverage: We provide information and enrollment assistance for Ingham Health Plan and Medicaid. Interns and staff will help with faxing information and getting you the coverage you qualify for.
- Canvassing: Our interns and staff walk the Eastside to share news and resources about the Center and to hear from neighbors about their perceptions of the ‘state of the neighborhood’.
- Market Walk and Market Moves: We encourage exercise by providing tokens to the Farmers Market as incentives for exercising.
- Allen Farmers Market: A year-round Wednesday market connecting residents with fresh local produce and other locally produced food products.
- Hunter Park GardenHouse: A year-round urban farm & garden and education facility, located in the Eastside’s Hunter Park.
- Breadbasket Food Pantry: Every Tuesday, free bread, pastries, and produce are available to Eastside residents from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- The Exchange: Is an e-commerce site and collaboration project between local farmers and food producers in Mid-Michigan that connects entrepreneurs to commercial buyers.
- Eastside Neighbor: A newsletter covering ANC events and neighborhood happenings, distributed 3X/year to the door of 3000 homes and in businesses along Eastside corridors.
- Youth Programs: Year-round after-school and summer Take Root Garden Club and Youth Service Corps programs for youth in the area interested in nutrition and gardening at the Hunter Park GardenHouse.
- Senior Discovery Group: The Senior Discovery Group of Allen Neighborhood Center has been meeting for the last fifteen years for “pretty good coffee and great conversation.” The group meets every Wednesday from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Allen Market Place, located just behind the Allen Neighborhood Center at 1629 E. Kalamazoo St. This is a lively group of seniors, who look forward to coffee, treats, and a presentation by a different speaker each week. Topics addressed by guest speakers range from music, culture, weather, life stories, neighborhood building, health, gardening, and more!
Copies of ANC’s federal tax returns are available below.